More Than $200 million in Verdicts and Settlements
Don’t let a big company take advantage of you. The consumer protection firm of Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C., represents clients nationwide in a wide range of class-action lawsuits involving defective products, consumer fraud and misrepresentation, misleading claims, billing fraud, insurance denials, and failure to honor warranties.
Thomas A. Zimmerman of Chicago, Illinois, has secured more than $200 million on behalf of his clients in jury awards and settlements in class-action lawsuits, personal injury claims and other civil litigation. He has the experience, financial resources and certification necessary to be appointed lead counsel by state and federal courts across the country to handle major litigation representing millions of people.
Recognized as one of the “Top 40 Illinois Lawyers Under Age 40” for his effective legal advocacy, Mr. Zimmerman has successfully sued major U.S. corporations in consumer rights cases. Below is a sample of litigation handled by Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C. Click here for a list of Class-Action Notices the firm is participating in.
We offer a free initial consultation. Contact our firm by e-mail or call toll free at 1-877-440-0020.
Effective Representation in Class-Action Consumer Lawsuits
- $62 million recovery for a nationwide class of customers who purchased products that were advertised to reduce cellulite in the human body (lead counsel)
- $48 million in refunds in statewide Illinois case against Illinois municipalities for unconstitutional cellphone fees (co-class counsel)
- $31 million in nationwide class-action suit for refund of increased advertising rates paid by advertisers in the Chicago Sun Times newspaper for inflated circulation figures (co-class counsel)
- $7.75 million to plaintiffs in statewide Illinois case against ComEd for a power outage resulting in personal injury, property damage and other consequential damages (co-lead counsel)
- $3.5 million award to plaintiffs in nationwide case against the manufacturer of defective baby formula (co-lead counsel)
- Pending – Nationwide class action against companies sending unsolicited text messages to cellular telephones, in violation of federal law
- Pending – Nationwide class action against companies sending unsolicited fax advertisements to private telephone facsimile machines, in violation of Illinois and federal laws
- Pending – Nationwide class action against Subway for deceptive advertising in the promotion of its “footlong” sub sandwiches
Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C., is associated with many other class-action lawsuits in progress and already settled. If you believe you have a consumer rights claim and think you may be eligible for participation in a class-action lawsuit, contact attorney Tom Zimmerman toll free at 1-877-440-0020 or e-mail Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C.
Class Action to Recover Cellular Phone Fee — $48 million recovery for a statewide Illinois class of businesses and individuals who paid a municipal infrastructure maintenance fee on their cellular phone bills. Through litigation, the Illinois Supreme Court declared the fee to be unconstitutional, and we obtained refunds for cell phone customers from the Illinois municipalities that imposed the fee. In addition to having a plaintiff’s class of cell phone customers certified by the court, we also convinced the court to certify a defendant’s class of Illinois municipalities.