Ms. Harris has extensive experience litigating complex class action matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts nationwide. She has focused her practice on consumer protection, product liability, privacy, and antitrust matters. Ms. Harris has developed a particular expertise in state unfair and deceptive practice statutes, privacy laws, federal antitrust laws, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and various other federal and state laws. For example, she was appointed class counsel in In re Pilot Flying J Fuel Rebate Contract Litigation, which involved allegations that the defendants violated RICO and various state laws by withholding portions of fuel discounts and rebates to which class members were contractually entitled.
She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Michigan State University with a dual major in Political Science and Social Science. Ms. Harris received her law degree from DePaul University College of Law. She is a member of the American, Illinois State, and Chicago Bar Associations. She is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh and Ninth Circuits.
Ms. Harris volunteers her time as a Sunday School teacher at Community Presbyterian Church in Lombard, Illinois. She is also a Girl Scout Troop Leader.
Areas of Practice
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Consumer Rights / Fraud
- General Civil Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- State Licensure Issues
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- DePaul University College of Law
- Juris Doctor — 1998
- Michigan State University
- Bachelor of Science — 1990
- Double Major: Political Science and Social Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- CBA Alliance for Women, Member