Ms. Kirby advocates for plaintiffs and defendants in class actions, consumer fraud, general civil, commercial, product liability, personal injury, and complex litigation. In addition, she represents licensed professionals, including physicians, dentists, nurses, insurance producers, and real estate brokers, before state and federal agencies, including the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation and the Illinois Department of Insurance.
She graduated cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. In law school, she received several academic honors and consistently appeared on the Dean’s List. She was awarded the Judge John W. Calhoun Trial Practice Award after serving as Captain of the National Trial Team, where she was named National Champion of the ABA Labor and Employment Trial Advocacy Championship, National Finalist of the TYLA National Trial Competition, and Regional Champion of several local trial competitions. Ms. Kirby was also a member of the Student Bar Association and on the board of the Washington University Journal of Law & Policy.
Ms. Kirby earned her B.A. from Tulane University where she graduated summa cum laude with Departmental Honors. In undergraduate school, she was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa and the Wallace Peery Society, an honor reserved for the top 20 undergraduates in Tulane University’s graduating class.
Prior to joining Zimmerman Law Offices, Ms. Kirby worked for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, and the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois and is a member of the Illinois State and Chicago Bar Associations.
Areas of Practice
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Corporate Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Fraud
- General Civil Litigation
- Product Liability
- Transactional Matters
- Administrative and Regulatory Agencies
- Washington University School of Law
- Cum Laude, Juris Doctor – 2015
- Dean’s List
- Honor Scholar Award
- Missouri Attorney General’s Cup Trial Competition – Champion 2014
- ABA Labor and Employment Trial Advocacy Competition – National Champion 2014
- TYLA National Trial Competition – National Finalist 2015
- Judge John W. Calhoun Trial Practice Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Environmental Litigation Seminar
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Feminist Legal Theory
- Dean’s Service Award
- Law Review: Washington University Journal of Law & Policy, Primary Editor 2014-2015
- Tulane University
- Summa Cum Laude, B.A. – 2012
- Departmental Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Wallace Peery Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member